Are you passionate about entrepreneurship and do you aspire to have a broad impact at an international level? We might then have the right position for you!
As a Project Coordinator you will be responsible for the smooth implementation of our national and international entrepreneurship training programmes for students, startups and innovation professionals. You will work in our education team together with experienced facilitators and project managers, including our faculty colleagues of Erasmus University Rotterdam. You will keep in close contact with the partners involved in different projects, varying from universities (of applied sciences), municipalities or other startup ecosystem organisations both in the Netherlands as well as abroad. A sneak peek at projects we work on as education team include a Train the Trainer course in Ghana, het Groeicollege for ambitious entrepreneurs and a joint programme with TNO to stimulate innovation for societal transitions.
Setting up efficient application and selection processes, scheduling and coordinating trainings and monitoring the overall project implementation will all be part of your daily responsibilities. In addition, you will work on increasing the visibility of these programmes by creating content (blog posts, a newsletter, or social media posts). Finally, you get to work on your writing skills by contributing to proposals for new and inspiring projects.
In general, the (international) entrepreneurship programmes you will be working as project coordinator could include among others:
- Growth programmes for (Dutch) SMEs and fast-growing companies (scaleups);
- Innovationprogrammes for companies and public organisations;
- Train the trainer for education institutions and incubators;
- Entrepreneurship courses at Erasmus University Rotterdam and other education institutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Coordinate and ensure the smooth implementation of our national and international programmes;
- Reach out and maintain contact with relevant stakeholders, in the Netherlands as well as abroad;
- Develop and design project marketing and outreach activities;
- Contribute to writing project proposals;
- Brainstorm with the team on how to maximise the social impact of our training programmes.
We offer you
- A position where you get the unique chance to work with successful entrepreneurs and prominent academics and facilitators;
- The possibility of further developing yourself in different realms, including (international) project management, marketing and communication, and entrepreneurship education;
- Be part of a team that is entrepreneurial and engaged in impactful projects, playing top league and as a team – check out our core values;
- A great chance to broaden your network with entrepreneurs, policymakers, scientists and innovators;
- An inspiring workplace in the Rotterdam Science Tower among 100+ startups and entrepreneurial facilities;
- A market-conform salary.
Are you someone who
- Is ambitious, entrepreneurial and wants to make impact;
- Is social and has a positive mindset and attitude (looking at challenges as opportunities instead of problems!);
- Is hands-on, works efficiently and can take on several activities at the same time;
- Has demonstrated interest and preferably experience ;
- Is proficient (speaking and writing) in Dutch and English;
- Has a bachelor’s or master’s degree (WO or HBO level);
- Is fulltime available.
How to apply
Apply for this vacancy by sending your CV and motivation letter to Linda Nieuwenhuijzen on email@example.com. We welcome original applications, including for example (but not limited to!) a short (90-seconds) video pitch.
The application process is as follows if there is positive feedback from you and our team after each stage:
- Submit application to Linda Nieuwenhuijzen via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brief introduction call
- Interview with education team member
- Case day at Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship
Possibly a second interview will be part of the process in case any further questions remain. All in all, we aim for a smooth application process taking no longer than four weeks in total but could be a lot quicker based on your and our availability for these steps.
Who we are
Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship is the leading centre for entrepreneurship in Europe. Fuelled by our belief that entrepreneurship is the primary driver for innovation, we strive to embed entrepreneurship in the DNA of people by applying the knowledge and network of Erasmus University Rotterdam, a university founded by entrepreneurs more than 100 years ago.
With a team composed of professors, researchers and experiences facilitators we strive to instill an entrepreneurial mindset in all participants joining our various programmes! These range from entrepreneurship courses for students, curriculum development together with higher education institutes and innovation programmes for public and private organisations. In all of our activities we aim to build ecosystems and translate the academic insights – gathered by our research team in collaboration with Erasmus University Rotterdam – into hands-on, practical programmes.