Are you passionate about the world of startups and scaleups? Do you have strong sales and communication skills with an entrepreneurial, proactive, and enthusiastic mindset? Are you looking for a position in which you can develop yourself and expand your professional network? Then we may have the right opportunity for you!
As a Business Developer and Sales Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating the sales and account management activities of our research projects. You will be working in our research team next to top academics and experienced project managers. You will be regularly in touch with current and prospective partners, from onboarding them to deliver the final results. It’s also your responsibility to look for potential new partners and inspiring projects identifying and creating new business opportunities. In addition, you get the chance to get your hands dirty with the promotion of our annual research projects and to connect to successful entrepreneurs and other important stakeholders in the startup and scaleup ecosystem.
What you’ll be doing:
- Get in touch with current and potential research partners;
- Write offers and project proposals;
- Project management and delivery;
- Coordinate marketing and outreach activities;
- Come up with innovative ideas to bring our research projects to the next level.
What we offer you:
- A junior position where you get the unique chance to work with prominent academics and successful entrepreneurs;
- The possibility of further developing yourself in different realms, including project management, sales and marketing, and research;
- Working in a young team that is entrepreneurial and impactful, playing top league and as a team – check out our core values for more information;
- An inspiring workplace in the Rotterdam Science Tower among 100+ startups and cool facilities (did we say ping pong, bar and VR games?);
- A great chance to broaden your network with entrepreneurs, policymakers, scientists and innovators;
- A market-conform salary.
- You have just graduated from university (WO or HBO) and are ready to kickstart your professional career;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are interested/familiar with young and innovative companies, such as startups and scaleups;
- You have a practical approach to solving complex problems, coordinating several activities and setting SMART goals;
- You are a spontaneous person who is happy to interact with (potential) partners: their success is your success;
- Challenge? Say no more! You are eager to learn and develop yourself;
- You are a native Dutch speaker and are fluent in English.
Apply for this vacancy by sending your CV and motivation letter to Linda Nieuwenhuijzen (email@example.com)!
Who we are
Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship is the leading centre for entrepreneurship in Europe. Fuelled by our belief that entrepreneurship is the primary driver for innovation, we strive to embed entrepreneurship in the DNA of people by applying the knowledge and network of Erasmus University Rotterdam, a university founded by entrepreneurs more than 100 years ago.
With a team composed of 4 full professors and 35 researchers, we generate insights into the growth and development of SMEs, paying particular attention to startups and scaleups. Every year, we publish our open reports, including ScaleUp Dashboard and Top 250 Scaleups, where we summarise the main results of our research. Based on our insights, we advise local and national public authorities, companies and other organisations on how to foster entrepreneurship on a wide range of topics including innovation, entrepreneurial ecosystems, economic growth and job creation.