Are you passionate about entrepreneurship and do you have a hands-on mentality? We might then have the right internship for you!
Through this 6-month internship you get the opportunity to develop your project management skills in a highly entrepreneurial environment! At Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship, we run entrepreneurship training programmes for students, entrepreneurs, teachers, and policymakers both in the Netherlands as well as abroad. A sneak peek at projects we work on as education team include a Train the Trainer course in Ghana, het Groeicollege for ambitious entrepreneurs and a joint programme with TNO to stimulate innovation for societal transitions.
As a Project Execution Intern, you ensure the smooth implementation of these projects. You will work in our education together with experienced facilitators and project managers, including our faculty colleagues of Erasmus University Rotterdam. This means that you will keep in contact with relevant partner organisations, guest speakers, participants, and other stakeholders to realise successful and impactful programmes. You will also be responsible for the communication with participants during such programmes as well as marketing and outreach activities.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to the coordination and execution of our national and international programmes;
- Reach out and maintain contact with relevant stakeholders, in the Netherlands as well as abroad;
- Coordinate and design project marketing and outreach activities;
- Contribute to writing project proposals;
- Brainstorm with the team on how to maximise the social impact of our training programmes.
We offer you
- The opportunity to develop yourself in an environment in which you are encouraged to take ownership and responsibility;
- The possibility of learning in the fields of (international) project management and execution, marketing and communication and entrepreneurship education;
- The chance to work in an energetic and ambitious team – check out our core values;
- An inspiring workplace in the Rotterdam Science Tower among 100+ startups and entrepreneurial facilities;
- A great chance to broaden your network with entrepreneurs, policymakers, scientists and innovators;
- A market-conform compensation.
Are you someone who
- Is ambitious, entrepreneurial and can work independently;
- Is social and has a positive mindset and attitude (looking at challenges as opportunities instead of problems!);
- Has a hands-on mentality and likes to get things done;
- Is currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree (HBO or WO) or recently graduated;
- Is proficient (speaking and writing) and English (required)
- and is open to the possibility of continuing to work fulltime after the internship
How to apply
Apply for this vacancy by sending your CV and motivation letter to Linda Nieuwenhuijzen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In addition to an interview with one of our education team members, if there is positive feedback from both sides, we invite you for a case day at Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship. During this day you can experience the atmosphere and working with the team. We ask you prepare one or two cases that relate to what you will work on if you were to join and present this to the team at the end of the day!
After your case day we will let you know the outcome as soon as possible (no later than one week).
Who we are
Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship is the leading centre for entrepreneurship in Europe. Fuelled by our belief that entrepreneurship is the primary driver for innovation, we strive to embed entrepreneurship in the DNA of people by applying the knowledge and network of Erasmus University Rotterdam, a university founded by entrepreneurs more than 100 years ago.
With a team composed of professors, researchers and experiences facilitators we strive to instill an entrepreneurial mindset in all participants joining our various programmes! These range from entrepreneurship courses for students, curriculum development together with higher education institutes and innovation programmes for public and private organisations. In all of our activities we aim to build ecosystems and translate the academic insights – gathered by our research team in collaboration with Erasmus University Rotterdam – into hands-on, practical programmes.