Driving innovation & entrepreneurship
Erasmus MC, Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship, and Erasmus Enterprise join forces to support EUR and health professionals in developing the capabilities to improve and sustain innovation for society.
At universities and healthcare organisations, many novel ideas and innovations to improve society and healthcare are explored. Some are interesting enough to develop for practical application, or even for independent (startup) initiatives. But how?
Understanding what drives entrepreneurship and having an entrepreneurial spirit are critical success factors. Entrepreneurship Awakening will help you to understand and explore entrepreneurship in such a way that, whenever you have invented something, you do not start from scratch. Even if you do not see yourself as an entrepreneur, an entrepreneurial attitude will prove beneficial in an academic and medical setting.
- Work on your entrepreneurial awakening: what is entrepreneurship? What skills and activities does this require? How can we foster entrepreneurial behaviour in the organisation? We focus both on the individual and on your role in the team.
- Learn about business modelling: how do entrepreneurs create and capture value? Good ideas are Desirable, Feasible and Viable.
- Analyze innovations from different perspectives: not only Technology & Investor Readiness but also Community Readiness. Who are the stakeholders, what are their interests, how to involve them in the innovation process and how to create value in an ecosystem?
- Staff members who support research in making innovations ready for the market.
- Staff members who work on medical innovations and who wish to strengthen their entrepreneurial spirit & capabilities.
Dr. Ferdinand Jaspers is the Programme Director at Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship. He teaches executive education courses and facilitates master-classes and workshops on innovation excellence, corporate entrepreneurship, new business development, entrepreneurial startup and growth. Through this, his purpose is to empower so-called innovation drivers: those corporate (informal) leaders who aim to bring the entrepreneurial talent, processes, and culture of their organizations to the next level of innovation excellence. Ferdinand adopts an integral perspective on entrepreneurship. He helps you to integrate and move beyond approaches such as discovery-driven planning, disruptive innovation, customer development & lean startup, value-based leader-ship, business modeling, effectuation, portfolio management, design thinking and open innovation. He holds a Ph.D. in technology and innovation management from Rotterdam School of Management.
Fall 2022 edition:
- September 26-27 & November 9, 2022
- From 9 am to 5 pm
Spring 2023 edition:
- March 6-7 & April 17, 2023
This edition is sponsored by Erasmus Enterprise and Erasmus MC.
- Erasmus Enterprise Q-building, Woudestein Campus (tentative).
- Dutch or English depending on the registrations.
If you have any questions or wish to sign up for this programme, please send an e-mail to any one of the contact persons:
Erasmus Research & Business Support
Annique de Greef (all inquiries)
Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship